9 Secrets to Helping Your Drug Addicted Family Member
Drug addiction can nearly drive a person over the edge—and we're not even talkingabout the addict.
"My son's been in and out of rehab. He's afflicted," says one mother,
who's all but lost hope. "My worst nightmare hasn't yet come true, but that it's there
and looming puts a constant lump in my throat," a worried sister says.
Whether you're a mother, sister, father, brother, cousin, uncle, grandparent or other
relation to an addict, the terrifying roller coaster of emotions you experience can
sometimes make you wonder if the ride will ever end—and who has it worse.
Here are nine "secrets" to consider that will help you arrive once and for all at a more
stable place. Completed by your family member as part of a comprehensive rehab
program, these proven and effective actions won't remain secret for long:
1. Drug-free withdrawal works—you can get assistance for your family member to cease current drug use rapidly. Minimal discomfort through proper nutrition, vitamins and care from experienced staff make the difference. With a 70 percent success rate, The
Narconon Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment and Rehabilitation Program is most
effective in this regard.
2. Extrovert them—it's tremendously therapeutic. With precise and effective drills, an
addict can stably increase their ability to communicate with others and get into more
thorough communication with the environment around them. The Therapeutic
Training Routine® Course from Narconon specifically addresses this vital process.
3. Even when they appear to be gone, the drugs are hiding—inside the body's fatty
tissues. If you stand any faintest chance of fully eradicating an addict's cravings, you
must get the drugs completely out. With a precise regimen of exercise, sauna and
nutritional supplements that rid the fatty tissues in the body of drug residues and other
accumulated toxins, The Narconon New Life Detoxification Program® ensures
that the addict's inner-most desire for drugs is dislodged and flushed out for good.
4. "They never seem to learn"—so help them learn how to actually learn. The
Learning Improvement® Course gives your family member, as a student, the ability
to study and retain knowledge by recognizing and overcoming the barriers to study and
5. Once upon a time you "had" them—so get them "back". To do this, you would have to find a way to increase their ability to be in better communication with the world, to handle life and to take responsibility for helping others. With The Communication &
Perception® Course delivered by Narconon, they do just that.
6. Increase their stability and happiness—even just a little bit. The Ups & Downs in
Life® Course gives the necessary knowledge to achieve greater personal stability and
happiness in life. Imagine your family member now able to spot the difference between
truly good guys and actually bad ones—without the necessity of your guidance—and to
wisely choose solid friends and associates.
7. Help them discover their own true values. The Personal Values & Integrity®
Course gives the knowledge necessary to determine one’s own values and achieve high
personal integrity and honesty; it shows how to correct self-destructive actions by
ridding oneself of past harmful deeds.
8. Point your family member to the steps that lead out of the trap. The Changing
Conditions in Life® Course uses the ethics technology developed by L. Ron Hubbard
to apply exact steps that improve conditions in life and repair previous bad conditions.
9. Give them the roadmap to a happier trip. The Way To Happiness® Course
teaches the student a secular moral code as a guide to living a happy life—exactly what
they always wanted, but oh, brother! did they take the long way around.